cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View autocad draw in Sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to associate and view AutoCAD file (.DXF) to FERT material in SAP. My only requirement is to have a view of draw directly in SAP (without ask to design office to obtain and convert draw). I don't have any requirements of change draws.

I am in Ecc 5.0 with IS-AFS.

It is possible to use only the simple viewer available in the SAPGUI, instead customizing Cad desktop, or DMS, or EasyDMS, or any other complex solution... how are the steps to do and how are prerequisites to fulfill to maintain these objects in Sap?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Marco

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

sorry mail has bounced as it is 50MB, please download from the servicemarket place.

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Rehman, I see the draw in SAP. Great!

Now the question is? Can I insert this file in a separate Content Server instead a KPRO? What are the steps to customize a specific Storage location?

Thanks in advance.

Marco

0 Kudos

Marco

Should you use a Content Server (whether SAP or certified partner solution like Documentuum or IXOS), KPRO is meerely the technical component in ECC that manages the connection and communication between ECC and Content Server.

what do you mean by "specific Storage location" ?

We recommend you use a Content Server instead of storing the file in the ECC databases.

For more info, please check http://service.sap.com/contentserver

regards

/Sooriya