cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisource Universe?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys

I have a structure which consist of several different databases which are SQL Server 2008 and I am working BO xi 4.0 on it. I do want to make a universe.However Sql 2008 database builds the table by adding each month and each individually. For example 2010 sales table, or 2011 sales table. Do I have to add these tables to universe by manually? Should I use universe designer for this structure? Should i use Information Design Tool?

Should I use Data Federator tools or Data Integrator tools which I havent use them before?

Do you suggest anything to me related to the this structure? It could be a road map or any documents? If you know something Would you please explain to me step by step ?

Best Regards

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

As already suggested I would definately consider changing the database design. However, if that is not an option I would you the Information Design tool where you can make a business layer (universe) based on multiple sources. Then you just have to make a connection to each database and connect it in the data foundation.