cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Chain in BW system has stopped running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

The master chain in one of my BW system has stopped running since a week. It ran last on 22.04.2013 and ended with error. I need to fix the error and make the chain run regularly as usual to make the reports updated.

I am new in this area, any help will be appreciated .

I am not sure from where to start so I  have attached as many screenshot as possible in the attachment. Please let me know if you need additional information.

Regards,

Sayantan

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sayantan,

Your Meta chain is not running due to failure at DSO activation step. Please check activation log into which you will get more detail information about failure. If you are not able to solve yourself then post activation log error here so that we can have a look and provide you suggestion accordingly.

Best Regards,

Sangita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The PSA was last loaded on 22.04. Found the errors "Transfer (IDocs and TRFC): Missing messages" and "Transfer (IDocs and TRFC): Missing messages " in the last step executed in the chain.

I have attached the dump details.

Regards,

Sayantan

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chau,

What is frequency of your meta chain in a day, mean how many times it was scheduled.

Seems like on Apr 22 it was executed around 8 - 10 times, 0CRM_MKTATTR_ATTR

Please check all PSA request which are red and yellow.

Seems like idocs/luws may be stucked, at  ecc system SM58.

Please take basis help and dig further about this PSA requests.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raman,

The frequency of meta chain is 5 times a day.

Before the chain stopped on 22.04 I use to do the PSA correction for it and every thing will go fine, but I guess some change was done in DSO but I can't figure what.

Regards,

Sayantan

mohdshadab_shaikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sayantan,

If the error details are not visible in the info package/dtp processing details then you can check in the job overview.

Go to the monitor of the infopackage/dtp and then in the menu section check for job overview which will directly take you to the job which was created for the data load processing.

Data activation errors are very visible in the jobs that are created for them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Most of my issues are solved now. Just one last doubt in one of the system. The process chain gets stuck here and I set QM status to green and everything runs smoothly again. Since I don't find any failed records I assumed there is no severe issue Is there any way to why it is occurring what is the impact of it.

Regards,

Sayantan

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

QM status set green is not recommended, always check the cause and do it in right way.

Normally RFC/Luws may stuked in SM58, by refreshing SM58 automatically its may be processed and will turn in green. in info pakg details tab we can check where it was stopped by seeing the messages.

Thanks