cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I installed SapGui 7.50 but connections to my sap systems not appears!

Hello,

I installed SapGui 750 over old SapGui740, but connections to my sap systems not appears!

I re-set the path of LocalConfigurationsFiles (to path of old SapGui740 files) but this has no effect!

Seems that only implicit path working in SapGui 7.50 !

It's an error of this SapGui version?

OS of my computer is Windows 7 Enterprise.

Thank you in advance!

fahad_ishaq
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

Recently i created a SAP GUI package via NwInstaller file in order to be deployed via Matrix 42 system. The installation ran successful on a laptop where there was no SAP GUI installed before. Then, i deployed the same SAP Installer on my laptop where there was already GUI installed (7.60) and had connections already added to it (Productive, test, Development & FIORI system). The installation ran smoothly until i receive an error message “Execution of the windows script host failed. Access denied”. My account has administration rights so this cannot be an issue. i clicked onto OK and the installation completed. After starting SAP GUI, i saw that my all older connection have been deleted and the only was that was added to installation file via script for Productive system was there. i assume that the error comes from the SAP installer which tries to run a .vbs which obviously has the job to delete old contents. Do you have any suggestion how can i restrict the installer file not to delete the older content when updating the GUI on a system where there was an older version of SAP GUI (7.40, 7.50…)

I would really appreciate your feedback here.

View Entire Topic

Hello Golamba,

As per note "2417687 - New features in SAP GUI for Windows 7.50" the new SAPUILandscapeFormat is used per default.

As you are not using the default path (C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common) the newly created UILandscape files will be empty.
Please have a look at notes:
2075150 - SAP Logon (Pad) 740: new format of configuration files as of Windows GUI 7.40
2075073 - SAP Logon (Pad) 740: create/distribute server configuration file in the SAP UI landscape format

Best regards,
Marc

0 Kudos

...Thanks, Marc! It's solved!

Best regards!