cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Result Between Open Workbook and Open Query with same Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have one workbook. It's contain one query, let's call it query X. I have change this query and transport it to production system. The problem is there different result between workbook execution (open workbook) and query execution (open query) even it's use same query (it execute in development system). For example, i change query in workbook (global definition), untick checkbox for suppress zero in structure at query X (before is ticked). When i refresh query in this workbook, my query still suppress zero but when i open this query in different sheet (open query), the result is value zero is not suppressed. What makes this happen? It seems, changes on query not have effect when execute workbook but when execute this query alone, the change is displayed...

Thank you and Regards,

Satria

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please detach the query and reinsert the query in the workbook.

The results shoudl get reflected then after retransport.

Regards,

Nitin Pardeshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin, thank you for your answer. I don't use your way to solve this problem. When i try to use tick green button at top left of query designer, the problem is solved. Is my way always solve this or sometimes we must use your way (detach queue)? Sorry, i'm still newbie, where we detach this queue?Are we use tcode RSA1? What makes this happen, is this some kind bug from BW? Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satria,

You can detach the query in Bex analyser.

Once you open the workbook, right click context menu,

has the option to delete the query from work book.

The query can be reinserted again.

However a better solution would be to make the format changes in the workbook properties and save the changes.

Regards,

Nitin