Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comaping Reports on BEx query with the universe

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hia ll,

I am creating report on BO.Can anybody tell me the idfference between the report created on the BEx query and the BO report created on the universe. Here what is the use of the creatring universe on the BEx query. Actually , we can create the report on the BEx query and the same can be created on the universe which is created on the BEx query..

Actually i am new to BO. Plz explain in detail.

Thanx & Regards,

RaviChandra

View Entire Topic
former_member225306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The universe designer needs to know how to write SQL and understand the structure of the underlying database.

The interface allows the creation of the universe in an easy-to-use graphical interface.

All data is secure. The data is read-only so there is no danger of the data being edited or changed by the end user.

The reports are created using a simple interface using drag and drop techniques.

All users use consistent business terminology.

Users can analyze data locally.

The universe is the core of the SAP BusinessObjects suite because all Web Intelligence and Desk Intelligence users will use the universe to create new queries/reports using the familiar business terms. Crystal Reports can use the universe as an optional or alternative data source and finally, Dashboard Manager uses universe measures to create its metrics.

Thanks,

Venkat

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi venky ,

Can u tell me the advantage of creating the report on universe and with the report created ont he BEx query.

plz explain in detail with simple.

Thanx & Regards,

RaviChandra

former_member225306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on customer requirement we can go for Universe or Bex query.

You can create the query on top of Infocube/DSO/multiprovider. But in Inverse you can create the query on top of any datasource.

Thanks,

Venkat