cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation of SC/PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing FI validation in SRM 4.0.Actually i am getting error based on the GL account and company code at line item which are based on the costcenter or internal order or WBS using...for this i am using FM BAPI_ACC_GL_POSTING_CHECK(RFC enabled) from R3 to SRM.the error message i am getting i was populating while creating SC/PO in the DOC_CHECK_BADI ..One strange thing is for testing i have commented the code in DOC_CHECK_BADI still i am getting the error based on GL account and company code ..firstly i thought i might be some other error but this is the same error i am getting from the BAPI_ACC_GL_POSTING_CHECK..

I want to know is there any standard functionality that the error is coming from the backend or it is the code that i have written

Thank you

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For the time being, de-activate the BADI Implementations. Forget your code.

Coming to the Basics, You need to do FI Validation in SRM 4.0.

Which EBP Scenario are you using ?

What's the exact requirement ? You want to do validation in SRM side.

Have you maintained the G/L Accounts, WBS Elements, Orders at SRM side. ?

Incase i understood you correctly, you need to do validation at SRM system only.

Have you seen there are few BADIs in SRM system, already avaiabale for FI Validation purpose ?

BAdI Definition Name                   Description                                                   

<b>BBP_ACCCAT_MAP_EXP</b>

Exit for changing account assign. cat. by mapping EBR to R/3

<b>BBP_ACCCAT_MAP_IMP </b>

Exit for changing account assign. cat. by mapping R/3 to EBR

<b>BBP_ACC_CHECK_ICC</b>

Account Assignment Check

<b>BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT </b>

Exit while determining G/L account for account assignment

Please share your comments at the earliest.

Hope this will help.

Please reward full points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM 4.0 Extended classic scenario

My requirement is to raise a error message when i select GL account which is not there or related to certain company code(which i will getting with FM BAPI_ACC_GL_POSTING_CHECK) while creating SC/PO

I dont think we have maintained G/L Accounts, WBS Elements, Orders at SRM side..

Yes we need to do validation in SRM side

<b>But one thing my functional head is telling that there is no standard functionality do this...he says that there might be code in some other BADI that this validation id done...</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Inorder to check you have any active custom BADI implementations,

Use transaction - SE19.</b>

<u>In the BADI Implementation name look for all BADI's satrting with either 'Y* or 'Z*' are there.

Incase you have any BADI implemnattaions names starting with Y* or Z*, see whether the BADIs are in Active or Inactive state.

Incase any of the BADIs are active, for the time being, De-activate the BADIs in SE19 and it will ask for a Transport.

Check after De-activating all the Custom BADIs, if the error is again coming up, when creating a new Shopping cart / PO.

If yes, then it's coming - then we need to chk it out. Else

If no, it's due to some of your BADIs wrong implementation.</u>

Do keep me posted.

Hope this will help.

Please reward full points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No sure now to clearly understand your requirement...

1-In standard, while doing real time FI validation with the backend, error message from the backend are coming on the SRM side as if you were doing it directly in the backend.

2-Of course, if you have to implement a non R/3 standard FI check in the SRM side, then yes you will have to implement a badi on the srm side.

Could you please confirm option 1 or 2 ?

Kind regards,

Yann

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the exact error message ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of the error messages:

"WBS element T-00042995.V is not an account assignment element"

"Error: Account 60000000 cannot post to WBS element V-00001. "

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

As i told you before :

This error message is coming from R/3.

If you go in CJ20N and enter your WBS element, you should have flagged the "Indicator Account assignment element" box (field BELKZ in PRPS table)

-> select basic data tab

-> section " operative indicator"

-> Indicator: Account assignment element

Could you please confirm that in R/3 for your WBS element, this flag is set.

If not set, you will have this error message displayed in SRM.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

I went in CJ20N i have entered WBS element T-00042995.V ..it is giving some tabs such as SAP ATTRIBUTES,TITLE ATTRIBUTES,USER ATTRIBUTES, ADMINSTRATIVE AND SUPERIOR..where is basic data tab..i didnt find can u give in detail...

Thank you very much...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

I have found that one...YES it is unchecked..u r right...so if it is checkd then what happens..can u explain in detail..

<b>AND what about cost center and Order elements how to find them..whether this indicator is checked or not</b>

Thank you

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

The WBS elements which have Account assignment checked can only be used in Account Assignment in PR/PO etc.

Before checking it, you should check with the project manager of that project. They would have identified some WBS element as Billing element (that can be used in Sales) and some WBS elements as account assignment elements to collect costs.

Use a WBS element which has this field ticked.

Best regards

Ramki

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You're welcome

As soon as this box is ticked, error message will disappear.

Please see also Ramki answer.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you !

But regarding the cost center and Order elements how to check whether this type of indicator is checked or not..

Please help..

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Normally, they should work.

-For order check KO03-Control tab allowed txns (check for purcase order, requisition etc)

- For Cost Center - check KS03 - check whether primary cost/second cost updates are locked(but I do not think we have restriction of usage here)

Best regards

Ramki