cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Following a blog post doesn't generate notifications of new comments

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the mechanism, but recently I 'followed' a blog post, as I didn't (at that time) have any actual comment to make, but I was interested in seeing others' follow-up comments.  However, I never received any notifications in my Communications tab, though I could see that many more comments were in fact being generated.  Is this not what the 'Follow' button is supposed to do, allow notifications without having to comment oneself?

Unfortunately, I've now actually made my own comment, which has resulted in follow-up comments creating notifications as expected, so I can't really test whether the functionality is still not working the way I expected it to.  However, if someone can enlighten me as to my understanding of this feature, I'd be grateful.

I did see this discussion () which is similar, but not exactly the same issue.  I wonder if something like what was happening then is happening now?

Best regards,

Matt

View Entire Topic
Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you want to see notifications in "communication tab" you have to select "track in communications" option for that blog/document.

I believe "follow" is something which can see in "activity"tab like who has liked that blog,  who has bookmarked it

Rgrds,

Jitendra