Did you mean: 

Transaction MR11SHOW strange behavior

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

my scenario and a doubt:

- I have a PO with a GR and I know that the invoice will not arrive anymore

- I run the transaction MR11 to close the GR/IR account and the document Ktop is created

Attention: now the Finance said to me that the document created from MR11 has been cleared.....And then it have run the transaction MR11SHOW which have canceled the document created with MR11 and Finance does not realized why the tr MR11SHOW has been able to reverse a cleared document..They thought that before that document should must have been re-opened before being possible to reverse it by tr MR11SHOW...The doubt is properly this: the tr MR11SHOW does not realize or matter that a document is cleared or not?

I have read OSS Notes 2050268, 783345, 2543471 and the FAQ but I have not found an answer

Thanks a lot for your attention

BR

Massimiliano

View Entire Topic
carla_bussolo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Massimiliano,

MR11 is a MM transaction used only to clear quantity differences.

Once an account maintenance document is posted via MR11, the GR/IR quantity difference is cleared. However, the posting of such document does not "close" the PO-document, and does not avoid any further postings: you still can post further invoices, goods documents, and even cancel the account maintenance document using MR11SHOW transaction.

The usage of MR11 to "close" a PO is a matter of your own business process. Therefore, once an user posts a document via MR11, as part of her/his process, she/he should have completed all the postings so far, and do not perform any further postings - however, system will not stop the users from further postings.

As a suggestion, if MR11 is used to "close" a PO, and no further postings are expected, you may block the PO-item. This will avoid further postings.

And, in terms of FI, it is important to differentiate:

- MR11 is used only to clear quantity differences between GR and IR postings.

- F.13 is used to clear amount differences (not quantity).

Regards,

Carla