MRP & Co-Products

itelli_gence
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a problem with planning MRP materials co-products with this situation:

When produce A obtains A + B

When produce B obtains B + A

Both are defined as co-products theyselves. When MRP is executed and A and B have requirements to cover, planned order is created for A and a positive dependent requirement appears too (the same for B).

Planned Order A +10 pc

Dependent Requirement from planned order b +10 pc

Requirement A -10

At the end, +10 pieces are not required.

I have implemented oss note 203151, but only I see that in some situations if I run MRP twice the result is ok (Planned order for A is not created). I am not sure if is possible to solve this situation or not, or maybe the definition os data should be different,

Thanks in advance!

View Entire Topic
Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

By default, dependent requirements or dependent reservations of co-products are not included in the rescheduling check, so a receipt for a co-product in the future won't be considered by MRP to cover a requirement.

You have already implemented note 203151, which changes the standard system behavior and makes MRP consider production/process orders dependent reservations during the rescheduling check. However, planned orders dependent requirements are still not considered during the rescheduling check.

There is a pilot note, which changes the system behavior allowing dependent requirements to be included on the rescheduling check, but you need to open an incident to SAP and request this note to be released for you.

Regards,
Caetano