Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Calendar : Holidays to be selected by employee

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have given an option for choosing 9 holidays from a list of 15 holidays to employee for 2015. In this case Holiday will be different for different employees. Then how to handle holiday calendar for entire unit.

Regards,

Niladri

View Entire Topic
harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could upload substitution records, say Restricted Holiday for each individual, with a value Day Type = 1 - That way, they automatically get a paid holiday, and they need not apply for absence.

So after HR gets back the list from each employee - you have a list of pernrs with 9 dates each.

Prepare a suitable upload file format, upload subsitution records for each date with Day Type =1

Hope this helps.

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Forgot to mention we are implementing Negative time mgmt with no Time Evaluation. Will there be any impact if we apply your solution ?

Regards,

Niladri

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should be no impact. Basically, the system knows that an employee is on a Public Holiday, if the day type is 1. And that is what we are doing with the above solution.

I will add that this is the exact solution we have already implemented for a similar requirement - In our case it was not individual employees, but specific offices - However the principle is the same - As there were hundreds of offices, rather than create 100s of Holiday Calendars, the control was given to the Office administrators to simply mark the day as Day Type 1 in IT 2003 for all employees in their office.

Clearly, you can test this very easily - Manually maintain day type 1 for an employee in IT 2003, run payroll for him and check that payroll correctly treats it as a Paid Holiday.

Then work out the finer details of the actual solution you are going to implement.

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

First of All, I would like to appreciate you for such clarity of thought process involved in this solution design.

We are also having similar scenrio - Client has 40 offices PAN India with 40 different holiday calendars.

Let me proceed with your solution. If any issues, I'll let you know.

Regards,

Niladri