cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL master data question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapers,

I have a question in mind, if I have 2 company codes one is in India and another is in Germany. Can it be possible to view the GL accounts in the English and another in Germany? If yes, then what are the steps to achieve it?

Please help....

Thanks in advance....

Regards

Nitin

View Entire Topic
cgilberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

you can maintain the descriptions in multiple languages. They will then be displayed according to the user settings.

You can see this on the screenshot below: left pane is with logon language EN, the right one with PL.

Best Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Christoph....

Many thanks for your reply.....

But, when I am trying to maintain GL account in several languages then system is not accepting it may be because I have selected the maintenance language in OB13 as 'English' so, system is not allowing me to save it in any other language.

Secondly, if I change the language to let's say 'Bulgarian' in OB13 then system allows me to save the GL account Default in 'Bulgarian' language and another language as 'English'. I have tried to save the Gl in the third language then system is not allowing me to do that.

Also, I have one more question in my mind if I have selected 3 languages then how can I fetch the GL accounts in all the languages one by one. Is there any particular setting I have to perform for that.

Please help...

Thanks in advance....

Regards

Nitin

cgilberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

for issues 1&2, can you please provide the error codes when saving fails? I suppose that you do not have these languages installed.

I am unsure whether I understand your last question correctly; do you want to perform a mass load of foreign language texts?

Best Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph,

Regarding"r issues 1&2, can you please provide the error codes when saving fails?"

I have been able to handle that part but still the system is not converting the text into different languages automatically.

Regarding" I suppose that you do not have these languages installed."

Would you please tell me how and where do we install the languages we are talking about?

As far as my last question is concerned, I wanted to know that if i have maintained multiple languages in the FS00 then where is the option to select a particular language in it.

Thanks for your reply once again...

Please help...

Regards

Nitin

cgilberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

thanks for the clarification, good to hear that saving the descriptions in several languages is now working; there is no need to install further languages then.

In some T-Codes like F.01, you are able to select the output language, but this is certainly not available for all transactions. For reports where you cannot manually select the output language, your influence is actually little and depends on the programming of the reports. Either they take the primary language of the Chart of Accounts, the user settings / logon language, or the company code settings.

I assume that this is not the flexibility you are looking for, but these are the possibilities and constraints I see.

Best Regards,
Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Christoph....

But, we forget what languages I have mentioned above for a minute as those are yet to be installed. And, 2 maintenance languages are default in standard SAP English and German. What I want to do is to check the GL accounts using these two languages in IDES first so that I have an idea as to how and what needs to be configured.

But, when I am trying to maintain the GL in both the languages then system is able to save the data in English and not converting it in German. My question is why system is not converting the text of GL account automatically in German language.

What are the steps to achieve it or what is my mistake so that I am unable to view the text in German language in the screenshot.

Please help.....

Regards

Nitin

cgilberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

In the SAP country template packages, accounts are sometimes maintained in multiple languages, but this is a deliberate effort, not a translation. SAP may be a German company by origin, but it certainly does not automatically translate all texts into German

You can maintain the account description in all languages available in the "Translation" section, no need to install further languages packs. This is only required for different logon languages that affect the entire GUI appearance.

I see no further need for configuration, just bear in mind that not all transactions can display the non-default language for G/L account descriptions.

Best Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Christoph...

Thank you so very much for your time, help and patience.....

I hope I have got what I was looking for....

Regards

Nitin