cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception 20 on Planned Order's after Kanban Signal Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had the kanban signals turned to empty which automatically had the planned orders created but the problem is i see them(planned orders) with exception '20' to it in the MD04 display?

Do i miss any thing ?

Query 2: I see fixing indicator's on all the generated planned orders. Does it mean that if the kanban signal's are trigerred manually through Kanban board the generated planned orders would be fixed ? How are the kanban signals initiated in real means ? manual initiation is possible i mean can they be automated through batch or any external means ?

Master Setup Details:

Control Cycle - Classic Kanban
Control Cycle Strategy - InHouse Production(Working with planned orders/MRP)

Regards,
Rahul

View Entire Topic
Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul

Exception message 20 is triggered on MD04 during the rescheduling check. It will be displayed for fixed elements for which there is no requirement.

I can tell you that, if there is no requirement, exception message 20 will be triggered on MD04.

I wrote the following WIKI about the rescheduling check that may be useful:

What is rescheduling and how does it work - ERP Manufacturing (PP) - SCN Wiki

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thanks for ur reply.

But as in this case the requirement is triggered when the Kanban Container is set to 'EMPTY'.

So even on having up a requirement why do i see an exception of '20'.

I could even find the planned order associated to a kanban container from the PK13N screen. But the MD04 shows with exception '20'.

I don't understand what prompted the system to set exception element 20.

Help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Rahul

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul

The rescheduling check will consider only MRP relevant requirements. Your screenshot from MD04 does not show any MRP relevant requirement, therefore, the exception is triggered.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thanks for your reply.

So you mean i should be having a planned independent requirement for 'Kan-ban Replenishment Strategy' as well ?

According to my understanding 'Kan-ban Replenishment' would be more of a container/Bin filling kind of stuff right ? They would fill up the container/Bin once it's empty . So you mean this stock filling procedure would also be based on the forecast values right ? Then it is more of an MRP kind of stuff ??

One more question as well is Kan-ban Replenishment Strategy relevant to all strategy groups ? or is it limited to few ? because if it's going to be Make-To-Order would there be any point in having stocked up the material in the inventory/warehouse..

I might sound a bit naive coz am just a beginner in PP, taking the opportunity to learn.

Well appreciated your support.

Regards,

Rahul

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are using a mrp strategy meaning you want mrp to create the plan/proposals and based on that plan you want to take the kanban route.

You load the demand/PIR's for your material and then run mrp. You should have the planned orders from mrp ready then.

Now start triggering your kanban from PK13N. Set up the reduction period in your strategy as say 50 days and observe what the system does. You should see the MRP planned orders consumed by your Kanban planned orders and then the 20 Exception Message should go away.

Work out and please do come back with your observations.

Happy learning.