cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't dispatch planned order (LA), but can dispatch production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm new to capacity planning and all of the related configuration screens. I'm probably missing something simple. We've configured our work centers and routings. We've configured our production order types (tcode OPU3, type US01) and planned order types (tcode OPU5, type LA) so that all create capacity requirements and are relevant to 'detailed scheduling'. Requirements are being generated for production orders and planned orders. We can see correct setup and production times in the graphical planning table CM21.

Here's the problem: When we try to dispatch a planned order, nothing happens. There is no error, but the order is not dispatched. If we convert the planned order into a production order, accepting all SAP proposed defaults, and then try to dispatch the production order, it works fine.

What configuration are we missing? My first thought was to look in OPU5 for order type LA. In the detailed scheduling section, scheduling horizon is zero (is this Ok?), SelID: Detailed is 01, 'scheduled' and 'generate capacity reqs' are checked.

Thanks,

Randy

View Entire Topic
Former Member

Hi,

Please check below points,

Lead time scheduling for Planned order.

Select suitable Strategy Profile at capacity Planning table (For EX SAP___T001)

After dispatching the planned order check with Log Message - This will give some idea.

Please try with CM25.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

I tried your suggestion, but ended up with the same result. When I try to dispatch, nothing happens other than that the cursor blinks for a second. There is no error in the planning log or scheduling log, and it doesn't dispatch.

Is there some configuration I might have incorrect, if capacity requirements are created for planned orders, but I can only capacity plan (dispatch) them once they are converted to production orders?

Thanks,

Randy

Former Member

Randy -

In your config settings in transaction OPPQ - you maintain default setting for different transactions by plant.

Execute this transaction and type in the plant you are using to try to dispatch planned orders.

Click on Maintain

Click on the Conversion button under the Planned orders section.

Click on the Planned Order --> Production Order button.

Make sure you have a default order type filled in for the Production order field.

An OSS note explains that the the system, when dispatching planned production orders, temporarliy converts the planned order to a production order to determine dates/times. For some reason it bypasses the material master production scheduling profile which would determine an order type and looks here instead. When it doesn't find a setting here it does nothing. They really should consider putting an error message in but .. they have not yet.

Hope this works!

Rachael