Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived wrong info records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need some serious help here please.

I archived MM_EINA 7 days ago with the assumption that it would only archive those purchasing info records that have the deletion indicator set on client level by all Purchasing Organizations.

This was not the case and 70 000 records without Organizational Data and 3 with, was archived and deleted.

When a Purchase order now needs to be changed it notifies us that there is no info record.

Our SRM system is now also creating new info records on the ECC box, but data linked to the archived info record can not be accessed.

What can I do?

Thanks

Stiaan

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The archiving was run in test mode first and users signed off a FD after they tested aswell.

All archived info records can be viewed from transaction ME1A. Thats also not a problem.

We were under the impression that only those with the deletion indicator set will be archived.

But we have since established that none of the archived info records had organizational data assigned to it.

Users created info records with only plant allocation.

This seems to be the criteria used by SAP to identify archivable info records.

The problem comes in when a Purchase Order is changed.

We have tested and seen that by creating a new info record for the material in ME11 the problem can be resolved.

This we are doing to handle immediate quiries.

My concern is how any statistical data will be affected when there have been 2 info records assigned to a Vendor and material (one archived and the other not)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But we have since established that none of the archived info records had organizational data assigned to it.

Users created info records with only plant allocation.

isn't the second sentence already inconsistent with the first?

Have you tried to create to create an info record without entering a purchasing organization but with a plant ?

I receive an error message 06301.

In ME1A you will see only archived info record, ME1M will show you current info records.

Of course, if you merge the results of both then you will see 2 info records for the same vendor/material combination.

But do you really do analysis and statistics on archived info records? ME1A is used occasionally to check the one or other detail of an historic info record......certainly not a transaction that my users would use more than 2 times in a year .

I miss a bit of concept in your case.

Why does one archive info records? or even earlier, why does one flag an info record for deletion? Either the material cannot be procured anymore from this vendor, or the vendor didn't survive the last crisis.

Subsequently in most cases, the material or the vendor will have a deletion mark as well

So there should not often be a situation that a new info record will be created for this vendor/material combination.

Usually the next step after info record archiving is either material master or vendor master archiving.

If you think that the SAP standard programs did something wrong, then you should try this case again either as productive run in a test environment, or as test run in production environment. and if you can confirm your assumption, then you need to log an incident at SAP directly, to get this program error fixed.