cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order of methods in WEB UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please let me know when a component will be loaded, then what will be the sequence of calling the methods below:

a. do_prepare_output

b.do_finish_input

c.do_handle_event

d.do_config_determination

e.do_init_context

f.do_validate_input

g.if_toolbar~get_buttons

h.html page

Your answers will be really helpful to me.

Thanks & Regards,

Mamta

View Entire Topic
deepika_chandrasekar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thses methods will be called when component is loading.

do_finish_input

do_init_context

do_config_determination

do_prepare_output

if_toolbar~get_buttons

h.html page

these methods will be called on certain event only.

do_handle_event - if you perform something on WEBUI (clicking button or enter )

do_validate_input - if you change something on the view then this method will be called

Regards,

Deepika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

Please check again once and correct me if i am wrong.

Do_finish_input will never trigger before Do_init_context.

Do_finish_input will trigger only after the user action on the view. There will be a method DISPATCH_INPUT which is responsible for triggering the DO_HANDLE_DATA, DO_HANDLE_EVENT and DO_FINISH_INPUT methods. Dispatch_input will be called only after the user action.

Regards,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for responses.

Yes bala..i think you are right..do_finish_input will never call beofre do_init_context, but it will call before do_init_context if you are moving from one view to another for the first view.

Thanks & Regards,

Mamta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mamta,

I spoke about a single view, even i got confused when kumar said about his sequence  I have mentioned the general one when we open any page for the first time.

When we open a page for the first time will do_finish_input trigger before do_init_context?

So I asked him to give an example, even i checked that component and the overview page which he specified but the end result is what i expected.

When you are navigating between two view the do_finish_input that triggers will be of the first view.. So that is after a user action on the first view.  The do_init_context will be of the second view as the view is getting loaded for the first time.

Regards,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala.

My issue is resolved now.

Thanks & Regards,

Mamta