Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renamed and changed Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

1.I have a role Z_PQRS_

2. I am now making few changes to the role

3. I need to give a new name to this role ZX_PQRS_

My question is :

How can I make this new role reflect on all the users that had the earlier role ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

you can simply copy it and copy the user assignment along with it.

when using the copy function in PFCG's first screen, you have the choice of copying all or a selection, when using the selection there's an option to include the user assignment, but this will be done automatically when copying all.

however, you should delete the assignment to the old version of the role though.

6 REPLIES 6

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

you can simply copy it and copy the user assignment along with it.

when using the copy function in PFCG's first screen, you have the choice of copying all or a selection, when using the selection there's an option to include the user assignment, but this will be done automatically when copying all.

however, you should delete the assignment to the old version of the role though.

0 Kudos

Yeah! Dim ! unearthed it ..thanks

0 Kudos

Practically Dimitriv, this may not be practical as we need to go thru the testing of the role....best betwoudl be to do a SU10 once this role is in PRD

thanks for your thoughts

0 Kudos

then i would suggest to use cats to assign the renamed roles to the users

0 Kudos

Auke,

Merry Xmas !!

Well How do we use cats ?( CATT?)

0 Kudos

George, use the wonder that is the search and all shall be revealed about the mysteries of the tool known as CATTs