Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message Long Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In one of the programs that we have written using SE38, we have made a validation in the event AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON s_bukrs as follows.

IF c_4000 IN s_bukrs.

MESSAGE e074 WITH text-025.

Endif.

This validation is working fine. Whenever the user inputs company code 4000 on the selection sceen, we get a popup with the error message (Custom error message). On this popup is a question mark icon. When I click on the question mark icon, a new window (performance assistant)opens with the same error message and the message class name and the message id.

Now what we want is that this new window which opens on the click of the question mark icon, should have some additional description, after the messsage class and message id details.

We have tried adding the additional text in the message id long text, but we are not able to see the long text.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be the problem is with the Language Maintenance.

Try This.

IF c_4000 IN s_bukrs.

MESSAGE e074 WITH 'Error Description'.

Endif.

Awrd Points if useful

Bhupal

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The code which u have mentioned will give error message in the below status bar...where u r getting the popup message, u didn't paste that code...I hope u might be maintaining the message class for the message to be dispalyed....

Kindly post the full code ...

Regards,

Nagaraj

0 Kudos

The message class is mentioned right at the beginning.

REPORT XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX NO STANDARD PAGE HEADING

MESSAGE-ID YYYYYYYYYY.

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try like this

IF c_4000 IN s_bukrs.

MESSAGE e074(specify the message class).

Endif.

Regards,

nagaraj

0 Kudos

Thanks Nagaraj.

But the message id 74 in message class, XXXXXXXXX, only has placeholders ????. Thats why its important that we pass the text symbols. In this case how do we display the extra text that we want to display in the performance assistant window?

Peter.

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

kindly tell me what u have written in the text-symbol TEXT-025..

Regards,

nagaraj

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the follwoing text in the text symbol TEXT-025.

Please remove Company Code 4000 from selection.

Have also have tried the Edit Documentation option, but whatever we write there, its not displayed in the performance assistant window.

Thanks,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Try This.

When u got the Performance Assistant Window, Click on the 'EDIT DOCUMENTATION' icon on it. It leads to a scripting window. There u can enter some more information as u wish.

Awrd Poits if useful

Bhupal.