cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When searching an RPTR in Crystal Reports Viewer (.NET WinForms) an error pops up

wim_brosens
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are using runtime CR 13.0.9 (but it also occurs in CR 13.0.16)

When generating a Crystal Reports file (with data) for viewing in the Crystal Reports Viewer (.NET WinForms) we export it to a RPTR file, and attach that file to the Crystal Reports Viewer. Suppose the report has multiple pages and you are viewing the first page of the report. You want to search some string that occurs on the last page, so you hit the search button and search for it.

A popup appears saying: Invalid operation of Crystal reports- report (read-only RPTR).

See release notes for more information.

here in Dutch:

The same error appears when you found the string on the first page and you want to search for the next occurrence. Or you want to search a string that is not appearing in the whole report view.

Can someone help me out with this error so that it will not appear ?

Kind regards,

Wim Brosens.

wim_brosens
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can someone please help me out with this problem ?

-- Wim.

View Entire Topic

Hi Wim,

I changed the TAG to CR for VS.

I can confirm what you are seeing is the same I am getting, I'm using SP 21 RC build. Appears the Search engine will only search a single page.

This was an issue in a previous release so I'll track it down and Escalate this one to R&D for a fix in SP 22 due out in December/January. No exact date set at this time.

Updates are from this link now:

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Crystal+Reports%2C+Developer+for+Visual+Studio+Downloads

Thank you

Don

Update - I have this escalated now - Incident 414735 KBA 2527230