cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happened to list and tree display views in SAP GUI 750 PL2

bruce_hartley
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I installed SAP GUI for windows 7.50 PL 2 and I noticed that list and tree display views for all of the systems is gone and only explorer mode is left. Is there something that I can do to bring them back - I really liked list mode far better than explorer mode. If this seems like a duplicate, it's because I asked this earlier today and this site crashed and appeared to not have sent this out.

bruce_hartley
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marc - I don't know - I haven't had the chance to ask anyone else and I'm not sure how many people have upgraded yet. I also wanted to mention that patch level 5 seems to have the same issue as well for me. It most likely would be everyone else's as well because a person at my company made common config files that get installed on your system when the GUI is installed. Unlike most I can change mine so that is why I was wondering if this is a new "feature" or something that someone customized. If anyone has installed 750 and has list and tree views, I would appreciate knowing about it as then I can try and figure out what they did in the INI files to limit it.

bruce_hartley
Active Participant
0 Kudos

explorer-only-view.jpg

I am including this screen shot to what exactly I'm talking about - where I have circled the explorer view button is where there used to be four buttons in 740 from left to right - Workspace view, Explorer View, List View, and Tree view. So actually there are three other views that are gone now as opposed two others - I didn't notice the workspace view until now.

View Entire Topic
bruce_hartley
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I finally found out the right answer - there are registry keys to disable any and all types of views. Where I found the documentation on this is as follows:

URL is https : // wiki.scn.sap.com / wiki / display / NWTech / SAP + GUI + Logon + Configuration - you have to remove the spaces, for some reason SCN does not like the "SAP + GUI + Logon + Configuration" part and thus I had to do it this way - sorry. If anyone knows how to do this link properly with the link editor, please let me know how and I will fix this.

The section is near the bottom and is entitled "Disabling SAP Logon Views via Registry"

So I modified the entries that someone had added and I got my tree and list views back.