cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous RFC scenario using SAP NW BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on a Process Orchestration setup and have a requirement where in we have to create a PO approval flow in BPM.The incoming data would be coming from an RFC.On receiving the approver code from the RFC,we will use this data to call a BRM table which has the approver name stored.

Based on this,we will send the PO for approval to the approver.On receiving the approval,we will have to update the status back to ECC.

Is there a possibility to import synchronous RFCs in SAP NW BPM?Also,how can we pass the response back to the RFC in this case.Is there an alternative approach we can follow for the same?

Request you to share your thoughts on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Induja

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Induja,

Since you are using PO why don't you put a PI interface in between. BPM as far as I know only supports direct Web Service communication. However you could create an integration scenario in PI from RFC to WS (i.e. SOAP) to call the BPM process.

Best Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case,I should create an Iflow which sends data from the RFC to the wsdl which triggeres the BPM.The BPM will then trigger the BRM and then send across the approval to the approver mentioned in the table(Alternately,I guess this can be invoked from the PI udf as well).Please correct me if I'm wrong.Once the status is approved,how can the status be sent back from the BPM to the RFC.Please could you share your thoughts on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Induja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct. The Iflow triggers the process which retrieves the approvers from BRM. You could now create another integration scenario WS to RFC to send the status back. Synchronous integration from RFC to BPM would not make sense in this case since the approval could take a long time and timeout would occur. Therefore rather create the 2nd integration to send the status via WS to RFC.

Best Regards

Harald