cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSLv3 bad certificate alert message from the peer

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Running SAP PI 7.11 attempting to send data to a partner via HTTPS using client certificates.

The SM59 configuration has been performed 'Status of Protocol' is set to active and 'SLL Client Certificate' is set to DFAULT SLL Client (Standard). I have loaded the partners certificates and included all the certificates in the complete path into STRUST. I have also restarted ICM to ensure its updated.

When testing the RFC destination I get the error message 'received a fatal SSLv3 bad certificate alert message from the peer'. The partner has said that they aren't receiving the client certificate.

I have checked SAP NOTE 1094342 and followed the instructions contained within the document - including getting an updated copy of all the certificates in the chain.

Can anyone advise what I may have missed?

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Use the old iaik_ssl.jar version that has the range of IAIK version 3.0-3.1.

The newer versions (3.0-3.2) are not supported and so you get this error

of bad certificate.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Caio,

Thanks for the response. I believe we downgraded to 3.0-3.1 a few months ago when implementing SAP's GRC NFE solution. I'll double check on Monday but as I say I think its already been done.

Regards

Rob

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have implemented he SLL downgrade several months ago so that can't be the problem but thanks for the suggestion. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Regards

Rob Warde