cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Anywhere version numbering - 16 vs. 17

0 Kudos

Hi,

I noticed there are still versions of SQL Anywhere 16 being released, but the version numbering doesn't have the SP / PL numbering that Sybase ASE and Sybase IQ has. The SP numbers are going up as well as build numbers.

Which have bug fixes only and which have new features - SPs or builds?

And what about SQL Anywhere 17? Is the SP / PL system completely similar to the rest of SAP's products?

I'm a little confused here.

Thanks!

View Entire Topic
former_member186998
Contributor
0 Kudos

About version 17, the following document explains the differences between a major release, a service pack, and a patch-level.

Differences between a major release, a service pack, and a patch-level update
https://help.sap.com/viewer/b3573f1a6f644b94bea663273bd8134e/17.0/en-US/815986c36ce21014a28def811887...

I think that latest EBF is the biggest number of the Build.

FYI
2381119 - About the latest version of SQL Anywhere

Thanks,
Atsushi

VolkerBarth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Funny aside:

Given your link (which I was not aware of), it seems that SQL Anywhere 17.0.8.4143 is the "brandnewest" v17 SP on Windows... – but it turns out the linked version is 17.0.8.4103 as Chris has mentioned:)

So it looks like the version number is manually edited?

0 Kudos

So,

SP is bug fixes + code enhancements,

PL - just bug fixes.
Like other SAP databases.

Thank you!

VolkerBarth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ziv, in my experience, it's not that simple, and the mentioned documentation states SP changes for v17, which have not yet arrived at all – frankly, there's no version 17.1 or 17.2, they are called 17.0.1 or 17.0.2.

I'd say, every SP/PLmight or might not contain enhancements, as Chris has stated.

If one regards the move from 17.0.7 to 17.0.8 as a SP, that one has not included enhancements, AFAIK – cf. the current readme files here.