cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager ERMS: how can I attach email replies to an existing Incident?

abaco-tao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We've successfully configured Solution Manager 7.2 to create incidents automatically when an e-mail is sent to the support e-mail address (followed these instructions Email Inbound - SAP ITSM on SAP Solution Manager - SCN Wiki).

Now we'd like to automatically attach e-mail replies to the existing Incident. Is this possible?

Consider the following example:

A costumer sends this e-mail:

• To: Support <support@mycompany.com>
  • Subject: Help

And an Incident is created automatically:

• ID: 9000000001
  • Description: Help

When I change the Incident status to "Customer Action" in Solution Manager Web UI, the customer receives this message:

• To: Client <client@somecompany.com>
  • Subject: 9000000001 Help

And replies:

• To: Support <support@mycompany.com>
  • Subject: RE: 9000000001 Help

This is generating a NEW Incident:

• ID: 9000000002
  • Description: RE: 9000000001 Help

Instead, we want to attach the customer's reply to the EXISTING Incident 9000000001.

Is this feasible? If so, how is it done?
Using the same Rule Policies which are creating a new Incident?

Thank you in advance for any help on this.

Regards,
tao

View Entire Topic
prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tânia Oliveira

Please check the comments section of below old wiki link.

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/E-MAIL+INBOUND+CONFIGURATION-+ALM%3A+Incident+Manageme...

Above you will find the option with screen shots for setting up the same in SWE2 /(Event Type Linkage) etc. and job SWEQSRV

Feel free to revert.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

abaco-tao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

Thank you for the reply.

I read through the comments section, but the configurations they mention are the ones we already had in place.

In SWE2 we have the 2 ERMSSUPRT2 entries, but only the first one is configured to use AI_CRM_IM_EMAIL_RECEIVED, as per SAP Note 2066434. Should both of them use this function module?

As for SWEQADM, the background job is enabled and released.

Still, a reply to a Solution Manager incident e-mail notification opens a new incident, instead of attaching it to the existing Incident.

Regards,

tao

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tânia Oliveira

I think you might be missing ID in emails triggered but you can debug to make sure that right function module is processing and invoked for creation of incident or updation of existing incidents

Thanks

Prakhar

abaco-tao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I just talked with the team who configured our SSM e-mail replies. As SSM forms didn't serve our needs, they developed a custom HTML e-mail form, using ABAP.

That's why I couldn't find any forms configured so I could check if they were sending or not a Tracking ID. That's probably it, so I'll take it up with them to get it sorted out.

Thank you all for pointing in the right direction.

Regards,

tao