cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution Man. 4.0 upg Hangs/running very slowly at XPRAS_UPG

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I started my solution manger upgration 14th of march ,today is 24th march ,past 3 days the upgradation is in XPRAS_UPG phase and I also followed as per the SAP note 558197(12 Hours back)

In the console window I can see some transport is going on ,which is as

Resetting conversion errors ...

Reset done - starting tp ...

running C:\usr\sap\S01\SYS\exe\run\tp.exe pf=c:\usr\sap\put\bin\XPRASUPG.TPP put S01

Please guide me

thanks & regards

George

Edited by: George Varghese on Mar 24, 2008 9:43 AM

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please got to the log directory and check whether the XPRASUPG.ELG / XPRASUPG.LOG file is being updated regularly....

If not check the SLOG* and ALOG* files for any errors...

Check if you are currently facing an Archive Stuck situation..

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shuhas,thanks for the reply ,there is no error in those logs which you have specified and when i logged into clinet '000' with the user ddic then I can see that 1 job is active

when I analysed in the MMC, I can find one backgroung job is running and where only SAPMS38L program is active and acceing only one table D010INC

thanks&regards

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the following note is helpful in your case or not

SAP Note 558197 - upgrade hangs in PARCONV_UPG, XPRAS_UPG, SHADOW_IMPORT_UPG2

Regards,

Suhas

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello George,

> I can find one backgroung job is running and where only SAPMS38L program is active and acceing only one table D010INC

That is a very important detail

Can you please take a look at the oracle sessions, if the session is maybe blocked or reading?

Login to client 000 => ST04 => Detailed Analysis => Oracle Sessions

Search for the session that is accessing the table D010INC and take a look at the wait event.

If the wait event is "db file sequential read" or "db file scattered read" .. please make a double click on the session and execute the "explain plan" and post the result here..

As you have told us, that your upgrade is taking a very long time.. i have seen such a situation, if the oracle parameter "_B_TREE_BITMAP_PLANS" was not set to false.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Great point stefan.... i forgot about it completely.... Also George do check out for any Dead Lock events due to which it is taking time.

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys I think I resolved the problem

I just updated the Database statics ,now its processing very fast

Thanks for you support

Regards

George