Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman_Admin User creation in solman_Setup tcode

pnagar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i am doing Mandatory configuration task in solution manager 7.2 but i have read that these task should not be done with sap_all profile user also i got to know that these for these task we can create user solman_Admin or equivalent user.

When i am running solman_Setup t-code i am getting below popup.

I know i have to create a user solman_admin or another user to do these tasks as per security concern. But i am not getting any option on the same page to create user solman_Admin on the below page. Please guide me how can i create a user on the same page after executing t-code solman_setup.below is the I.E page that opens after running t-code solman_setup.

it do gives me popup as above screes-shot gives but no option to create the users.

View Entire Topic
thalesvb
Active Contributor

Hi, got too late to the party (since roland.kramer got here first), but a very similar question was asked not too long ago, you should try to find them before opening a new one to reduce duplicates and make this site have more meaningful results.

Anyway the other answer didn't visually pointed where it locates, is a bit hidden on left side of the screen, all the way down, under Related Links, you click on Administration and then on Configuration User Management (I think there is also a Fiori tile available).

Then you go in edit mode and click on Maintain List of Users, and assign a user for SOLMAN_ADMIN case.

BR

pnagar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear thalesvb

i dig a lot before asking here.Actually the confussion is that when a run t-code solman_admin with user DDIC then system does not give me a popup to create user solman_Admin. I am strugling a lot why my system is not giving me popup to create user solman_Admin even i have tried with user who is having access to solman_setup t-code.

Also as per your there is no releated links in my solman_setup t-codes as below.

thalesvb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pnagar as you cut navigation pane when printing for the original answer we couldn't tell that the option was there or not, now we know that it is missing for your user. Commonly my activities on SolMan start after the person configured the users (same thing you are doingnow is made by another person here), so mine always had that section available.

From here it tells that you need to assign role SAP_SMWORK_CONFIG to that user to enable Related Links section.

If that fail, you can assign role SAP_SMWORK_SM_ADMIN and SAP_SM_FIORI_LP_EMBEDDED (this second one maybe isn't needed, as SAP_ALL provides related authorization profile) and use Fiori tile User Management under SAP Solution Manager Administration group (open Launchpad with SM_WORKCENTER transaction code).

If everything fails, here it is the direct path to User Management app:

http(s)://...<SolMan url>.../sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wd_sise_centralusermgmt?SCENARIO=X

Both prints on this comment were done with a underauthorized user containing only the three roles i mentioned (and emphasized), so ignore the "missing authorization" message presented on screenshot.

Hope that will help you get there.

pnagar
Participant
0 Kudos

Finally got it

@thalesvb Thanks a lot. boss