cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service embedded in a view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am analysing a Web Dynpro application. I have 2 doubts in regarding the application:

1. In a view container I am seeing the embedded part as a SERVICE and a TABLE. The properties of these are Name-Service Type-Embedded Interface view View Usage-Service_usage1 and Name-TABLE Type-Embedded Interface view View Usage-Service_usage1 respectively. Could u tell me what is the role of this ?

2. In the same applicationtheir is a assistance class also in the controller named "CL_WD_COMPONENT_ASSISTANCE". What is the role of this?

Please explain in detail, as I dont have any Idea on this 2 things..

Thanks in advance

Gaurav

Edited by: GauravKaneria on Jul 1, 2011 7:58 AM

View Entire Topic
former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

Assistance class means, in the name it self it is saying assistance... It is assisting the webydnpro Component. In assistance class we can write methods ( to write business logic i mean writing statements like data fetching..............) and to store text messages

Its like normal class in se24 but assistance class has derived from super class name cl_wd_assistance( i dont remember exact class name ).

View container is UI element used to include the views of other webdynpro components. i think TABLE is name of view of salv_Wd_table component.

if you want to know complete details about that view.....

double Click on corresponding window( view which contains view containter " ) then expand the view and select "table" now you will see the TABLE details on below of the window.

Regards

Srinivas