cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Intelligents Agent not installing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to install BOXI 3.1 onto a VM Server running windows 2003 SP2 on 64 bit. We have a database already set up on anther machine SQl 2005 and have setup the ODBC connetion (SQL server)using the 32 bit ODBC driver. It has tested correctly. The install goed well until the end where I get an CMS error that 'The Central management Server has failed to start. Press retry to Retry to attempt to start it again or cancell to skip any actions dependendent on the Central Management Server STW00213". Click retry and same error click Cancel and install completes. Open CCM and the SIA is not there. Nothing in the log file to point to any error. Any ideas as to why this is happening. It has happened on two installs. I am logged in as the Local administrator and have also tryied as a Domanin administrator. Same error. My thoughts are that it has something to do with the ODBS connection not talking with the SQL server but am open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

Garth

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please check under the <BOBJ installation directory>\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\logging for files containing addtional error messages which are generated during the installation?

Regards,

Stratos

0 Kudos

One more thing. Can you check if any tables where created on the SQL server under the user you provided for creating the BOBJ repository?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK There are a lot of errors in the Log file which relate to writing to the install path and as per below.

Property(C): WiseInitAdminError = You must have administrator rights to run this installation. Please login as an administrator and re-run this installation.

Property(C): WiseInitReboot = This system must reboot before the installation can begin. After the reboot the installation will restart automatically. Do you want to reboot this system?

MSI (c) (7C:00) [13:49:00:317]: Note: 1: 1728

MSI (c) (7C:00) [13:49:00:317]: Transforming table Error.

MSI (c) (7C:00) [13:49:00:364]: Transforming table Error.

I have tried installing as Local Administrator as well as a Domain aministrator

Yes the Databse has been populated with tables during the install.

We are reinstalling the OS to make sure it is WIN 2003 R2 sp2 64 Bit which is a supported platform. SQL 2005 is also SP2 64 bit

0 Kudos

Hi Garth,

is this a multi-homed machine?

Regards,

Stratos

PS: Windows 2003 SP2 is supported. You do not have to upgrade to R2.