cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Salesforce ODBC Driver (Simba)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the SAP Salesforce ODBC driver created by Simba available for deployment with SAP Crystal Reports version for Visual Studio if a developer has purchased Crystal Reports 2013?

I have created a report using Crystal Reports 2013 that uses the SAP Salesforce ODBC driver created by Simba that came with Crystal Reports 2013. This report uses a System ODBC data source that uses the SAP Salesforce ODBC driver. I have successfully run this report on the development machine in IIS Express in an aspx web page that uses the Crystal Report Web Viewer Control and it renders properly.

I would like to make this web report available within my company on our intranet server.  Is there a way as a licensed user of Crystal Reports 2013 that I may deploy the SAP Salesforce ODBC driver to the intranet server?  Is this download available somewhere? /  Do I need to purchase the server version of the ODBC driver from Simba? / Is there some way that this can be packaged with my web app?

I am fairly new to Crystal Reports so please forgive me if any of this is worded poorly or should be obvious.

Thanks for any help,

Jon

View Entire Topic
vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Jon,

I can only help with references to relevant documentation:

1. Crystal Reports 2013 designer shipped with Simba ODBC driver and all related Simba documentation, by default located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\sforce

The installation Guide has some licensing info and contact information for Simba.

2.   - the document explains rules for appications developed by CR for VS.

I would contact Simba to confirm.

Vitaly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your reply.  I think I am one step closer to getting this working.