Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap java(portal) refresh

nadimpalli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to refresh a SAP Java based system. Actual scenario is below.

1)Source System(Distributed/Windows/SQL Server) : SAP Netweaver 7.4 SP12 with some customized components

2)Target System(Distributed/Windows/SQL Server) : SAP Netweaver 7.02 SP14.

My requirement is I wanted my target system to be exact same as my source. I have 2 options here... I can upgrade my target system and install the customized components.

But, I wanted to do system refresh for this... Below are the steps i did so far...

1)With the help of latest SWPM-18(SAP NW<version>-->MS SQL Sever-->System Copy-->Source System-->Based on As Java-->Database Instance Export) I have taken the export.

2)On the Target DB host with latest SWPM-18(SAP NW<version>-->MS SQL Sever-->System Copy-->Target System-->Distributed System-->Based on As Java-->Refresh and Move Database), imported the database on the Target DB host.

Now my question is, apart from DB we will be having JAVA related information in the directories/file systems ... how can we sync this? Any suggestions... how can i bring up my SAP system?

Regards

NLK

View Entire Topic
hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello NLK,

within a system copy using SWPM you must and cannot change the release of the SAP system.
What you propose in your thread is neither supported nor working.

You must uninstall the existing target system completely and reinstall it using SWPM's

SAP NW 7.4 SR2 => MS SQL Sever => System Copy => Target System => Based on As Java..

and install a new target system with it.

Hendrik