Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Hana instance not starting

mjohnson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Hana Experts,

We have a fresh installation of HANA 1.0 SPS 12 in AWS Cloud. My issue is that I am not able to start the SAP Hana instance.

If I go to /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe directory and issue the ./sapcontrol -nr 00 -function GetProcessList I get an error:

GetProcessList

FAIL: NIECONN_REFUSED (Connection refused), NiRawConnect failed in plugin_fopen()

I have read lots of threads and I noticed that the file /usr/sap/sapservices is empty.

I assume that this could be a port issue but I would like to know if any one has had this issue with HANA using AWS? Also, do I need to have entries in /usr/sap/sapservices?

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like at some point the sapstartsrv service was killed? Can you confirm this?

Try and start it again with sapcontrol -nr 03 -function StartService <SID>

After this, check if the services come up. More than likely not all services will start, then just do a HDB stop, then HDB start.

At the moment no services is listening to the port assigned.

View Entire Topic
mjohnson
Explorer

Hello Michael,

We instantiated a new HANA Platform Edition 1.0 SP 12 instance in CAL however this time we choose the Instance Type r3.8xlarge. Afterwards everything came right up when starting HANA with this 'instance type'. Thanks for you assistance!