cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Objects BI 4,1 cluster Fail Over

0 Kudos

Hello,
We have 2 node BO 4.1 SP7 Patch 1 cluster set up in dev environment. How ever we want to do fail over and load balancing exercise?

Can some one give some clue about how to perform fail over test from node1 to node 2 as well as load balancing?

Joe_Peters
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The obvious answer is to shut one node down and see what happens. What else are you looking for?

0 Kudos
Joe,

Can I do this way?
1) schedule a long running job through node 2 cmc?

Then shutdown SIA service oin node2.

Will the job be transferred to node1? This is what we are trying to test for fail over

View Entire Topic
DellSC
Active Contributor

Load balancing for the application nodes in BOBJ automatically happens - there's not really anything you can do to modify it. I don't know that it's exactly round-robin - it may have it's own internal logic to determine what goes to which node. To verify that it's occurring (which I've never had to do with any of my clients in the last 8 years), you can check the metrics on the various servers.

To test fail-over of the nodes, just stop the SIA on one of the servers while one or more users are logged in to the system. Before you do this, make sure that you have configured the cluster for the web applications - logging in to a specific server from the web apps or any of the desktop apps may cause fail-over to fail for that session.

If you're running Tomcat and the web apps on the same servers as the nodes, you'll need a separate load balancer to handle that. You would test this the same way you test anything through the load balancer.

-Dell