cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAML based SSO in context of NWBC 4.0 Desktop

0 Kudos

I setup NWBC to SSO via SAML2 (OKTA as - Identity provider) with the help of my infrastructure team.

The web html version of NWBC via IE works absolutely fine including HTTP & HTTPS (with suggestions from Samuli kaski on this forum)

However, the NWBC 4.0 PL12 desktop version, is having issues. When I try the SAP system's SICF service URL, https://<ABAP AS>:44301/nwbc in the connection settings, the NWBC screen goes through the SAML/IDP authentication succesfully and then just hangs with a blank screen. Confirmed via fiddler

Set the trace level to VERBOSE and couldnt find anything that made sense to me in the trace files. I also setup the parameter AllowTemporaryConnections to True in the NwbcOptions.xml.template file on my client side.

I checked the note # 1378659 - NWBC known issues & what to check when opening a ticket

The NWBC 4.0 PL12 is the latest version, backened SAP_BASIS version is at NW 7.31 SP09 & Windows version is Windows 7

Any suggestions on this issue? Thanks in advnace.

Thanks

Dhee

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli, the note you suggested, solved the problem. Appreciate your help.

Do you have any suggestions for the NWBC SSO via the portal redirect app as discussed -

I have the same symptom, once I click on the connection in NWBC, it goes to the portal signs me in and just hangs at a blank page. However, if I cancel out of that and click on the connection again, it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the AS JAVA version including SP level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also do a Fiddler trace and see what is logged in defaultTrace.