cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Archiving and Deletion in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am implementing the deletion in SAP PI for the messages beyond 40 days. After setting the retention period and scheduling the deletion the messages beyond the dates are deleted successfully, but some recent messages(one day before) are also deleted.

After checking and comparing found that those recent messages are related to BPM and Synchronous.So, the two messages missing are having flow as-

POSDM --> BPM

BPM ---> POSDM

After reading blog - http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2010/04/22/archiving-deletion-of-messages-in...

The LOGGING_SYNC is set to 1 in the PI system.I am not sure if this statement is somehow related to this missing messages.

When the logging_sync is set why the latest messages are getting deleted? Some other parameters need to be checked?

Please help!!

View Entire Topic
ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Nidhi,

It is not recommended to persist synchronous messages in production environment. So ideally you (basis team) should change the parameter to 0.

Also, you need to check the schedule of deletion jobs running in production apart from archiving. I would say 40 is too high unless client has a specific requirement (legal or audit). This would mean tables filling up and might choke the system. If I remember it should be around 15-20 days.

I will try and look into why your messages are deleted.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Even I read the blogs and got to know the same, that if we persist the synchronous messages the system can face performance issue. But its already set by basis to 1.

Actually its customer requirement only to keep messages for 40 days and to perform deletion activity beyond this limit. No archiving is required.

Do reply if you find anything in this context.

Thanks!

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

I found a SAP note related to your query. https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/872388

Hope it helps!

Ambrish