cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No data available in the source system" when loading from ODS to ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am loading data from one ODS to another ODS in the same system. I have everything set up and activated. The infopackage has no selection criteria -- just a full update. The load goes with no errors but says there was no data, when I know for a fact the source does have active data. I have replicated datasources, deleted everything and built it again, but it still says "No data available in the source system for this selection".

If I view the active contents of the source ODS I see many records. If I use RSA3 to look at the datasource for this ODS it says there are NO records.

It seems like I'm just missing a critical step. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Nat

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nat,

How did you determine update rules of the ODS2?

How did you load it? Right click on ODS1 - update into data targets?

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply Eugene.

To create the update rules I right-clicked on the target ODS and chose 'create update rules'. I have some routines that occur -- or would occur if I could get some data!

Anyway this is the same way I always create update rules. I did this for the target ODS which I filled from an R/3 extractor with no trouble at all.

Thanks again for your ideas and any suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating URs for ods2 did you choose ods1 as a datasource?

And you didn't answer how you load ods2?

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I chose ODS1 as the datasource.

I loaded ODS2 by going to RSA1 --> Infosources, right clicking on ODS1 assigning ODS1 as the datasource and then creating my infopackage, which I loaded from there as a full load.

I also just tried right-clicking on the source ODS and choosing "update into data targets", but that load also resulted in "No data available in the source system."

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK,

This message is just information. If you go further, choosing type of update, do you see your ODS2 in the Data targets tab of the scheduler?

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have my target ODS selected. Thanks for your help and ideas. I keep thinking I must be missing something but I have gone back over everything I can think of....