cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with default printers on Windows Server 2016

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having an issue with the CrystalReportViewer control when running an winforms application on windows 2016 server. When remoting into the server using Rempte Desktop Connection, we're selecting the option to use local devices and resources, including printers. This makes the default printer on the server the same as the default printer on the machine I'm remoting from. But when running my application to view the report, when I click the print button, my default printer is not automatically selected. Now, when I change the default printer to a printer already on the server, it works fine. It just doesn't seem to work with redirected printers. If I manually select one of the redirected printers, my report does print to the printer.

So far I've tried updating the runtime on the server, and setting the ReportDocument.PrintOptions.PrinterName. I wasn't previously setting that property unless it was printing directly (not going to the viewer). I've also been told (but not witnessed myself) that this did work in Windows Server 2012. Is there a better way to set the printer even though I want to initially view vs print?

Thanks in advance!

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Don!!