cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing parameters to quick link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've an app integrator iview and I've set the quicklink param for the same.

Now, I want to pass query parameters to the quick link, so that the query parameters are passed to the url in the app integrator iview. Is it possible?

Will really appreciate if I can get an example.

Thanks,

Vimukta

View Entire Topic
hofmann
Active Contributor

Hi,

check this thread: [|]

There I have explained what you have to configure to pass the parameter from the quicklink to the application.

br,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

My quick link is for a App integrator iview.

There is no parameter called "forward parameter" for app integrator iview.

There are two other parameters (I've set the values as shown below)-

Parameter to pass from Page request (for url isolation) = *

Application parameters = <blank>

Since there is no "forward parameter", what else can I do?

Much Thanks for your help!

Vimukta

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you say: "App integrator iview" you mean the URL iView, right? The Application Integration iViews (com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.*) do have this parameter, the URL iView does have the parameter you mentioned.

The URL iView is a little bit more complicated, but it also can read parameters passed by a quicklink. Follow the steps outlined in this blog: [Passing Dynamic Parameters to Applications via the Application Integrator|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/20138] [original link is broken]; from Rory Murphy.

You'll have to deploy a new system type Web Application. Check the document "How-to Use the AppIntegrator in Enterprise Portal 6.0" that you can find here: , there you find a PDF for a deep explanation about portal systems and the PAR file you'll need to deploy. This PAR file will create the system object mentioned in the blog. It's for EP 6, but still works fine for Portal 7.0.

You can also play around with the generic application integration iView, find out if there you can pass a parameter.

br,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias!

You are the BEST!

Thanks a lot. The link you sent me hit the bull's eye.

I was able to dynamically pass parameters to quick link.

10 points coming your way. Sorry for replying late.

Much Thanks,

Vimukta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

The link (Shortening Portal URL such that Dynamic parameters can be passed) you provided is not accessible, is thr any special authorization required to open it.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Please, you may give me access to the links?

Thank you.

Billy Drakon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Please can you paste the content of the link you posted as i am not able to access the same.

I have a similar requirement where i need to pass dynamic parameters to a URL iview .I have created a Generic App integrator iview and created a quick link for the same.

But i am not able to pass the parameters to the same.

Please help.

Regards

Radhika