cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

neo client open-db-tunnel / specify port

DanielWerner
Explorer

Hey there,

We are currently have a project with more then one database, we need to connect.

To establish a connection to the cloud, we use the neo client and the "open-db-tunnel" command.

For the first connection the local port 30015 get assigned, but for the second connection the port seems to be random.

This forces us to update our connection data after every open-db-tunnel operation.

The first database is a HANA, the second a Sybase Database.

Is there any possibility to specify the port, which should be used?

Best and Thanks

Daniel

View Entire Topic
former_member197689
Active Participant

Hi Daniel,

I don’t recall that there is an option to change the port while using the open-DB-tunnel command.

Sorry I couldn’t help here,

Jin

If this question is answered from your perspective, then please clicked on the “Accept” link to complete this question.

DanielWerner
Explorer

Hey Jin,

Thank for your answer.

Doesn't it make sense to take this into the backlog for future releases of the neo sdk? Instead of using a random Port, i would be fine if the sdk tries to increse the port number by one when the port is blocked.

So that your first tunnel has the port 30015, the second one 30016, 30017 and so on...

Best,

Daniel

former_member197689
Active Participant

Hi Daniel,

We have a backlog item (#4257) created for this request. I cannot promise you when this will be implemented.

Thanks for your feedback.

Jin

mario_guenter
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jin Wong,

we are developing a product within SAP ePaaS and are running into this issue very often, too. The most useful solution in our case would be to specify the port via a command-line argument like "-p 3042".

Best regards.
Mario