Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Named searchs and authorizations to SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm using SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 and Iu2019m trying to restrict users to see only records from one catalogue but Iu2019m not being successful. I have only one repository and have imported different catalogues. I defined named searches to distinguish those catalogues in Data Manager and set the respective named search for each catalogue in Web services.

However, a user with access to catalogue A, can see not only the catalogue A but also all the catalogues in the repository. Seems like the named search is not working or perhaps Iu2019m not defining it very well. Can someone help me with this issue?

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DMP,

In SRM MDM Catalog the users can be restricted to view the specific catalog, For this purpose either you can create Named Search or a Mask. Named Search or Mask can be created in MDM Data Manager just filter the specific Catalog and save the search as Named Search or Mask. But before saving a Named search or Mask you should have an entry in the Named Search Table for example ABC and same is in case of Masks.

Defining the Named Search: In MDM Data Manger, Named Searches can be created in Record mode by selecting Named Searches Table.In the Records pane, set the search criteria for the record(s) which user wants to include in the Named Searches either using Free-form search or by using Drill-Down search.

Then from the main menu, choose Search Saved as Named Search this will add the selected records to the previously created Named Search in Record mode.

Now at SRM side you need to configure External Web Services that you can do by going in to SPRO transaction and then Master Data and finally external web services. In web Service you will provide the User name , password to login to MDM repository , MDM Server name and Named Search or Mask name whatever you are maintaining in Data Manager. Now this mask or Named search is associated with the specific user as defined in External Web Service.These web services are known as Catalog ID in SRM.In this web service all the parameters to connect to MDM system and search UI path are given.

After all the configurations, this Catalog ID/external web service Id is assigned to some specific users or to some purchasing organizations in organizational structure.

Regards,

Vinay Yadav