cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPPING PROBLEM - SIMPLE vs. ADVANCED FUNCTIONS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I got an IDOC-EDIFACT Mapping, which deals a lot with container variables to prestructure the complex and nested target structure, provide counter and some actual/"you are here"-variables for the reason, that the segments of the target structure are mostly build from the same type, but different filled, depending on what they represent.

Filling this target segments I need simple functions, which provide my "your are in a ABC segment"-variables to orientate and then I need most of the time a advanced function, which searches e.g. positions in the source structure (imagine POSNR) and get depending "You are here..."-variable relevant data to map. This is where I get problems. I don't get it totally, yet...but it seems like, how often my field mapping (The different connected functions leading to target field) for one field is processed, depends on the number of the target field itself, as long as you use simple functions (make sense), when I use advanced functions (soesn't matter ,in which step in my field mapping), the field mapping seems to run only once (still makes sense, because you queue the source field entries), but how does it work if I have to use both function types.

Can some one please help?

Thank you in advance...

Daniel

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i could understand from your question is

-You have to use both simple functions and Advanced functions for your requirement but since you have multiple data entries you have to deal all the source-target relationship with respect to its right context.

Basically you are talking about Handling the contexts when you use both the functions -Bigger than your Qusetion...!....

If my above understanding is right,then

*You have many node functions to handle the context(like parent-child).do have a look on those functions.

*In your advanced functions you can use ResultList.CC,

ResultList.SUPPRESS and with some other functions to handle the contexts.

*But usually removing the context before giving it to user defined functions is the good practice,if needed you can build the context inside your function ELSE you could handle the same by using node functions after advanced functions.

Let me know if this helps you.

Thanks in advance.

RGds,

Vasanth.

Message was edited by: Vasanthakumar Balasubramani