cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading 2 sources of data into one target (DSO/CUBE)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I need to compare plans and actual expenses FM. I'm loading commitment and actuals from datasources  0PU_IS_PS_33 and 0PU_IS_PS_31 to DSO 0PU_O30 .  Then load budget(plans) from 0PU_IS_PS_41 and  DSO 0PU_O30 to 0PU_C02.

Questions :

1) I know that DSO overwrite capability. When I load data from the second datasource 2 does it overwrites data already loaded before if they are the same?

2) It is possible that I can load 2 DSOs (0PU_IS41 and 0PU_030) into one single cube (OPU_C02)?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and expertise.

John

View Entire Topic
sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Let me try to answer your questions.

Q1) I know that DSO overwrite capability. When I load data from the second datasource 2 does it overwrites data already loaded before if they are the same?

A1) It will depend on the key fields. If you load commitments and actuals, then I expect that you will need a Characteristic (e.g. Value Type) to distinguish between the two different kinds of data.

Q2) It is possible that I can load 2 DSOs (0PU_IS41 and 0PU_030) into one single cube (OPU_C02)?

A2) Yes, you will add data. Also here, you probably need a Characteristic (e.g. Value Type) to distinguish between the two different kinds of data.

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Sender, It makes lots sense!