cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LO COCKPIT---DATASOURCE ENHANCEMENT PROCESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

i have a situation like we have a billing datasource which is already in production for a couple of days feeding two ODS.

But the requirement now is that i have to add a field from communication structure in LBWE.

i am planing to do these activities in this sequence please someone kindly voche my sequence.

1. change the extract structure by maintaning and also generate the datasource in the dev system.attach to a transport request

2. in DEv BW replicate it and add the infoobject to the infosource and also add to the concerned ODS. and attach to the request.

3. transport to the QAS of R/3 and BW.

4. In producton R/3 --->

Run the V3 job control so that all the entries in the Extraction queue are moved to RSA7 and from BW production run the infopackage twice so as to empty the RSA7.

and also inactivate the update of the datasource.

5. import the R/3 Quality request into Production R/3 and generate the datasource and activate the update.

6. In BW Production side replicate the datasource and import the BW QAS request of ODS and INfosource with transfer rules.

7. And we can start our loading as usual without initializing

please kindly correct me if i am wrong.

thanks and regards

neelu

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neel

First of all , I think you have to add the field from available structures (MC* in LBWE when you execute maintain extract structure). Then in that case you don't need changes in USER EXIT coding on R/3 side .

My comments on your setps

1. change the extract structure by maintaning and also generate the datasource in the dev system.attach to a transport request ->> Fine . Make sure that you capture all necessary objects in this R/3 side transport.

2. in DEv BW replicate it and add the infoobject to the infosource and also add to the concerned ODS. and attach to the request.->> Fine.

3. transport to the QAS of R/3 and BW - R/3 first and then BW ->> fine .

4. In producton R/3 --->

Run the V3 job control so that all the entries in the Extraction queue are moved to RSA7 and from BW production run the infopackage twice so as to empty the RSA7.and also inactivate the update of the datasource.

->> In order to make RSA7 no of LUWs to zero , first you need to STOP the v3 collector job and also lock out the users for billing related transactions .

5. import the R/3 Quality request into Production R/3 and generate the datasource and activate the update.

->> don't activate the update now . Check the extract structure with the extractor checker program , it should be Green (OK)

6. In BW Production side replicate the datasource and import the BW QAS request of ODS and INfosource with transfer rules ->> fine .

7. And we can start our loading as usual without initializing

->> Run delta Info package (should be green with 0 records )and then activate the v3 update on r/3 side.

It seems you don't have a requirement to populate the history data for this new field .

So you are going in correct direction.

Regards

Pradip