cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keycode for License Merge Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, please help.  I am supporting a legacy enterprise app written in  VB6 + Crystal Report 10, now it is upgraded to Windows 7 and Crystal Report XI R2.  I need to create a deployment package using InstallShield.  But the Crystal License Merge Module is requiring a Keycode entry.  Where do I get it?  Can I assume to deploy my app within our firm is runtime license and should be free of charge?

View Entire Topic
former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

Before we get to the keycode;

Do make sure yo are using CR XI R2 SP 6 as this is the only SP for CRXI R2 that supported WIN 7. To see how to update to SP 6, see this blog.

As for the keycode. You can all sales at 866-681-3435 or navigate the registry to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\Keycodes

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the prompt support.

Yes, I installed the SP6 now. Although the app is to be complied in Windows 7, but it is still going to be executed in Citrix 2003 server, as it is in XP, as a Citrix XenApp.   So I'm not in particular seeking for Win 7 features, but just to for compliance of using only currently supported OS.

However, I can't find the Keycode in the registry.  I don't have Business Object node in HKEY_Local_Machine\Software node.  But I found it in HKey_Current_User\Software.  But sill I can't locate the keycode key.  Does that mean I did not install correctly?

Or I guess I'll have to call?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Calling may be a good idea, but of course you will need to let sales have info so they can validate things. (just saying as things get lost and all that).

Is the CR XI R2 designer installed on the machine where you are looking for the keycode?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I have found this keycode under this path:

HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\Business Objects\Suit 11.5\Crystal Reports\Keycodes\CR Dev, but I'm not sure which entry to use:  Default, Serial, THX1138, & Version.  Please see attached screenshot.  Thanks.

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher Screenshot of Keycode removed

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan. Use the default - the keycode ends with 9NM2 - e.g.; do not use anything after that.

BTW.; I removed the screenshot as keycodes should not be share with anyone...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it. Thanks.