Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

k-means multiple categorical columns for similarity analysis

former_member186543
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to implement a machine learning requirement, where we want to find out similar incidents / support tickets from our database on the basis of attributes like product category, priority, impact, code group and other categorical as well as numerical attributes.

As per SAP HANA PAL and my ML knowledge I believe we can try using the K-means clustering algorithm however we have many categorical columns. SAP documentation says that weights can be assigned to category column but I want to understand if I want to assign different weights to different categorical columns to K-means input, will it be possible in HANA PAL ?

In case it's not possible, which other clustering algorithm from PAL can suffice the requirement.

Thanks,

Hasan

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hasan, currently we cannot set different weights to different categorical columns. For the second question you raised in your reply, PAL has a function called cluster assignment which will label the new data according to a cluster results from previously-run cluster functions.

Best regards,

Xingtian