cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM_MAIN Phase SDM unable to read inbox dir error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to update the JSPM kernel via SDM and The error message I am getting is "Cannot detect new components in Inbox directory. Error while analyzing the content of the inbox directory. Canno detect new kernel and SDM archives. Cannot detect if there are SDM archives in directory /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in. Could not extract SDM patch archive /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/SDMKIT.jar to read its version information. java.util.zip.ZipExecution: invalid END header (bad directory size)/

You can find more information in the log file /usr/sap/PID/DVEBMSG70/j2ee/JSPM/log/log_2008_0_22_01_11_54/JSPM_MAIN_1_01.LOG

Also it says to look at

com.sap.sdt.jspm.phases.PhaseTypeJSPM

com.sap.sdt.jspm.wizard.model.WizardStep.Execution

Cannot detect new components in inbox directory

JSPM_MAIN

JSPMPhases

NetWeaver Upgrade

Java Upgrade

Enviornment: PI 7 on NW2004s or 7, iSeries (OS400) DB2 - DB4

Searched a lot of notes and no real luck why?

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. How you patch the JSPM? i'm think you run patching the SDM , not JSPM -->

Read this documentataion -

> https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/89ac337d-0c01-0010-b6ae-a9f2b88a...

"During SDM patch, JSPM extracts the SDMkit.jar to a temporary directory"

About JSPM patching you need read the Note 886296.

Regards. Award if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have not patched JSPM ....we are actually trying to patch the JSPM and not SDM.

The note refers to that. We have perfromed the part of deleting the Jspm.J2EE.DataModel.xml file from the /usr/sap/<SID>/<Central instance name>/j2ee/JSPM/data/variables but continue to get the same error message.

JSPM and SDM both start as they should and are running currently.