cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Development Environment setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to get some guidance on setting up a development environment for ISA.

I've worked in ABAP for the past 8 years so I am familiar with the SAP side but new to the java world.

I seem to be learning the java language fairly quickly but I am totally stumped on how to set up a development environment.

At the moment I am using WAS 6.20 and ISA 4.0. I'm writing code in TextPad and compiling with javac. There has got to be a better way. As a rookie I could sure use some type of environment with a syntax checker.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Brent

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. I did try to setup eclipse but kept getting an error message when I start the application.

the message says it can't find the xml parser so I have been unable to start eclipse.

here is the error. Am I missing some Java SDK stuff?

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi Mar 15, 2005 11:22:40.250 !MESSAGE Error registering XML parser services.

!STACK 0

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brent,

You can follow instructions from "E-Selling: Building&Updating Mod. Internet Sales Web Applic. ".

Regards,

Altuð Bayram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brent,

Sorry the guide must be "Internet Sales 4.0 Development and Extension Guide ".

Regards,

Altuð Bayram

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Brent,

I guess you're using jdk 1.3, that's why you're missing the JAXP interfaces. You have to start eclipse with jdk 1.4.2.

Please go to http://service.sap.com/instguides and have a look at Installation & Upgrade Guides -> SAP NetWeaver -> Release 04 -> Installation -> Dev Env -> Installation Guide - SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

You were correct about using jdk 1.3, I tried an older version of Eclipse and got around the error.

There was a lot of good information at the link you sent me. After looking at some of the documentation, I think I'm going to use Netweaver.

Thanks again for the help.

Brent