cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with endSeparator in File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to load an (EDI) File that looks like this when I open it with a text editor:

BEG00NEC3315858400061226…CURCYUSD…PERBD etc.

I was told that the Segment End Separators (...) represent HEX 85. My understanding is that the endSeparator in the File Sender Adapter Content Conversion has to look like: '0x85'. But this does not work. I also tried out the following without success:

'0x0085'

'...'

Can somebody tell me what I have to use for the endSeparator?

Thanks in advance.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please follow the link below it should solve your issue.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bandi,

thanks for the link. According to that thread as the hexadecimal notation for ... is 0x85, I enter '0x85' as the value for the endSeparator. Still the adapter does not recognise this. I also tried ... but still no success. Any other idea how to solve this?

Thanks and regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW, when I use '0x85' I get the following error message in the Adapter Monitoring for this Communication Channel:

- 2007-04-17 12:55:40 CEST: Error: Conversion initialization failed: Exception: java.lang.NumberFormatException: Value out of range. Value:"85" Radix:16

Any clou what that means?

Thanks.

Alex

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

What is the error that you get in this case?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Below is the link for HexaDecimal to Ascii now there you can find the conversion for HEX 85 please try to pass that character.

http://www.cdrummond.qc.ca/cegep/informat/Professeurs/Alain/files/ascii.htm

Lets see if this works out

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error Message for endSeparator '0x85'

- 2007-04-17 12:55:40 CEST: Error: Conversion initialization failed: Exception: java.lang.NumberFormatException: Value out of range. Value:"85" Radix:16

Best regards.

Alex

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

Can you try with the same content conversion but with a different endSeparator to check if this is an issue with your enSeparator.

Regards

Bhavesh