Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in SAP Web IDE Annotation Modeler with UI.SelectionVariant

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Web IDE Annotation Modeler Experts,

I try to recreate what is described here in the standard documentation Defining Multiple Views on a List Report Table. Unfortunately when I copy and paste the coding from the documentation I run into issues that the sortorder is undefined. So I followed the suggestion of maryana.naboka to use the just the Annotation Modeler to add UI.SelectionVariant. But you can watch the issues I run into in this video:

https://youtu.be/-v_T5g12W4Y

Hope for help.

Best regards
Gregor

maryana_naboka
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Could you please let me know your browser version, your Web IDE version and Annotation Modeler feature version?

Thanks

Mariana

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

my browser version shown in the video was:

but after that I've updated to:

64.0.3282.140 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I'm using the Web IDE Full Stack in Production and Trial which are both on 180201.

The Annotation Modeler is V. 1.31.1 on both environments.

CU
Gregor

View Entire Topic
maryana_naboka
Active Participant

Hi Gregor,

The issue with Low property is caused by the fact that the annotation structure of your file does not conform to the OData specification: It states that the name of annotations target such as Entity Type should be unique, whereas your file contains the Target EPM.Product twice.

Such a non-conformance can happen when the targets are annotated manually in the code editor. To prevent such errors, annotation modeler currently adds all the annotations intended for the same target under the single annotation target rather than enters a new target for each new annotation.

To fix the issue you can do the following:

1. Remove one of the duplicated targets along with their annotations from the annotation file. In your case it is:

<Annotations xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/ns/edm" Target="EPM.Product">

<Annotation Term="COMMON.SemanticKey">

<Collection> <PropertyPath>ProductId</PropertyPath>

</Collection> </Annotation>

</Annotations>

2. Save and close the annotation file.

3. Open annotation file again and switch to the Annotation Modeler tab.

4. Enter the value for the property "Low" again to fix the error. Save.

5. Add the COMMON.SemanticKey annotation with the annotation modeler.

Hope this helps.

The issue with the drop-down looks like the control issue. Could you please upgrade to the latest browser version, restart the browser and let me know whether you still experience it? If so, I would need to know your Web IDE version and UI5 version it uses (check with Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P).

Best Regards,

Mariana