Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalization in webdynpro not working using .xlf approach

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done one sample application for Internatization in webdynpro using .xlf approach using the following link help

/docs/DOC-8061#59 [original link is broken]

When my browser language changed to Germany , still it is displaying in English only. Please let me know what could be the problem.

regards

Vijay

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel the pdf at the link is quite descriptive & clear to develop a sample International WD application.

But here I will try to throw some light to the concept & verifications.

Initially, you create application with english texts (some raw xlfs get created corresponding to it).

You copy & rename them to language xlfs (*_de.xlf for German language).

But these xlfs still contain texts, etc info in english so you use S2X Editor to change the texts to German language & the source language to de. You can verify this by opening the *_de.xlf file in some text editor (notepad/textpad/...) and checking this attribute value.

In WD Explorer, Reload the project, do Rebuild, DC build, Create archive (you can delete existing ear file before this), Deploy New Archive & Run the application (you have already changed IE Browser settings for German)

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Actually i have same problem. I did all of things in example.. and it worked only one button text.. but i would like to apply all ui element in forms. for example: column header, label or button... but i tried write in .xlf file. but it doesnt work..

example : Action:OpenConfirmationScreen@text -

this is worked

Column:Column_header@text -

this is not worked

Does anyone know how i will write to for that UI element in xlf file properties?

Kind Regards,

Rasim