Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert ABAP PROXY in customized ABAP program

former_member852447
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am a ABAP developer and I am developing a program to send XML strings to a legacy system using an ABAP PROXY but I have run into a roadblock as follows:

My PI colleagues who know PI but not ABAP have created a ABAP PROXY data type with the structure that I need to be populated from my program but cannot tell me how to get the data into this structure. They have directed me to SERVICE INTERFACES where there is a class and method EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS but this is where we all have a road block. I am not sure whether I have to just use this class and method in my program to populate the data type proxy previously created or whether a completely new proxy has to be created under service interfaces.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

My user defined structures have indeed moved across but the method EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS executes a deep structure and my user defined structure is deeply buried at the bottom of the layer....is there a way to send data to a deep structure. The proxy is an SAP defined proxy which is the reason there is a deep structure.

---> Since you are using EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS, means using ABAP server proxy..We have handled the data upto 4 level deep . We didn't find any issue in using ABAP code for this. Directly access the data through root node message type , at the run time Proxy will hand over all the data to you in one shot . So use accordingly !!

A substitute, At the mapping time you can convert hierarchical structure into flat one using PI's available standard node functions .

that is the beauty of SAP's solution...use whatever you prefer.

Regards,